Blogging is fun and easy but you need some serious work to make blogging work for you. In this journey, you can follow these 7 tips to become the best digital marketing blogger on the internet. Blogging is easy, being successful at blogging is complicated. Not undoable, but not a piece of cake either. You’ve got to put 100% of your effort into this field. Only then you can become of the most influential bloggers on the internet. When doing blogging, you’ll find many stories about instant success and many others that will tell the tale of eternal failure. Both these extremes exist but only a fraction of blogs become an instant hit. Similarly, only a small number of blogs fail even when they did everything right. As a rule, it’s a process, one that needs attention, hard work, and persistence. You can safely bet that if your ingredients are right, and you’ve followed the recipe instructions well, you’ll have a great blog at your hand after some time. For that matter, we’ve compiled a list of tips that can help you become successful in blogging for digital marketing. These 7 tips are general and anyone starting a blog can benefit from them.
7 tips to become the best digital marketing bloggerBefore diving in, make sure that you have already set up a blog or a website where you’re blog will be attached. If you need a website, you can visit SiteGround and get yourself the best deals for website hosting and development. Let’s now start our 7 tips to become the best digital marketing blogger in online marketing and digital world.
1. Be the early bird and catch the prey…This adage has been true when people had to get up even before the sunrise. In digital marketing, however, this adage can be translated differently. Here it’s all about new ideas. So, the early bird is the one who solves the problem first. This means that you need to present a solution to the problem as soon as possible. To solve the problem, you need to identify the problem first. The success here is to identify the problem before even the person who faces it has realized. Most of the successful companies now launch products and only then customers realize they need that product right away. That’s because a need was already there, nobody has just realized it yet. In digital marketing, for successful blogging, you need to be creative toward ideas and new things. If you’re the first one to present the idea, you’ll lead its development in the future as well.
2. Keep your enemies closer…The Godfather would never take an eye off of his ‘competitors’. That’s what you need to do. This does not mean you need to compete on a zero-sum game. In most cases, there are so many ways to benefit from your competitors and not all of them are about competition. This process of knowing your competitors should start when you start to develop an idea about the blog. You should know how good your competitors are doing, what is their strategy in digital marketing and blogging, what tactics are they using, what mistakes have they made so far. More importantly, you can look for opportunities that your competitors have missed. There is always a window of opportunity there, you just need to take a closer look. This will give you an idea or ideas about your blog and the content you want to publish. Keep an eye on your competitors and it will give you a lot of insights.
3. Keep your feet on the ground…Keep your feet on the ground while you look toward the stardom in blogging and digital marketing. This will make you practical and hard working. Once you become a little successful, pride sometimes sets in and limits your vision. In that case, a little humility will take you a long way. This also means that you should know every little detail about the business as it happens in marketing. Keep yourself updated about the news and new developments. Read some of the best blogs on digital and content marketing and ensure a futuristic outlook. Apart from that, you should also know that it’s a slow process to become a successful digital marketer. It does not happen overnight and you need a lot of hard work and persistence to reach the best status in the market. Thus, while you should look for the stars, your feet should never leave the ground.
4. Social media is glitter, email is gold…Email marketing has been around for a while now and there are a lot of benefits of email marketing. With the arrival of social media marketing, many people now ignore email marketing. But in reality, email marketing remains one of the most effective digital marketing channels. This fact is necessary to remember for a blogger. Email works wonders when combined with blogging and websites. It creates customer loyalty, has a high conversion rate, and inexpensive. Besides, there is no hassle as email can easily be set up with a blog. So, remember, social media is effective in its way, but don’t discard email marketing just yet. Away from all the fuss about social media, email work silently in the background and creates a cult of blog followers. Thus, do social media for all its shiny and bright appeals, but use email for real relationships with your customers.
5. Nothing worth having comes easy…This is something your grandmother would say, isn’t it? It’s an old age maxim that has always been true and it’s true for digital marketing through blogging as well. But instead of giving you general advice, we’ll enlist some of the practical things on which you should spend some serious effort.
- Create the content as if it were your last piece!
- Spend serious effort on SEO optimization
- Market your content on online channels
- Use social media for content marketing
- Promote your blog on all online platforms
- Let your friends and family know about your blog
- Use guest postings from successful bloggers
- Create email lists and build subscribers